Unashamed Wedding Obession || Lifestyle

rock n roll bride flatlay

Here currently sits a 24 year old female who is in a relationship, without a ring on her finger excitedly ripping open her Rock n roll bride issues. And you know what?? I am happy to say I have an obsession with all things bridal. I may not be engaged & I may not be planning a wedding anytime soon but why should I be ashamed to say I love all things bridal??

rock n roll bride magazines

rock n roll bride flatlay

I guess it’s kind of taboo to talk about weddings early on in a relationship or when you’re single but why is it so scary to say that you love weddings?? I have no problem talking to my other half about weddings; what I like & what is a big no. We discuss it all the time & here I am opening up my back issues of rock n roll bride he bought for me in their recent sale.

I just don’t get how it should be a scary subject or something that is ridiculed. I one day would like to have a wedding & I’m not scared to say it!!

I’m pretty sure most girls feel the pressure to keep quiet about their views on weddings; no one likes to be labelled as a psycho but in my mind I think it’s something to be open with. If you feel like weddings are something you love & something you want from your future then why shouldn’t you be able to discuss it?

rock n roll bride collection

rock n roll bride close up

I talk to my friends on occasion about weddings because they are the easiest people to discuss it with. You can share your likes & dislikes & just have a natter about your views on the subject. Considering this I’m not shy to discuss it with my partner. I’ve done it in the past & obviously they didn’t work out but that doesn’t scare me to share my thoughts with Jacob.

I would like a really quaint wedding that sums up who I am as a person & also who he is as a person. I want something small but beautiful & even now I have ideas of what I want from that special day. I may even have a note on my phone were I store fab websites & suggestions I’ve had from other people.

It’s something I’m not ashamed of & I don’t really see why anyone should. If people are going to judge you based on what you want from your future they aren’t the sort you need around you. It’s weeds out the weak & shows you who is ready to support you.

Planning a wedding is a scary thought & to be quiet honest that’s not something I see in my near future but reading about weddings make me happy & I’m not afraid to admit that wedding scenes in movies make me cry. I’m just a soppy mess I guess!

Plus if you haven’t already come across Rock N Roll Bride I highly suggest grabbing a copy; not only is it handy if you’re like me & love weddings, it also has the most beautiful photography. There’s stories for everyone to enjoy & I love their take on wedding planning. It just fulfils my obsession & I think it should aid yours too.

Shelley xx

Bloglovin | Shop | Instagram Blog Insta | Facebook | Twitter  | Pinterest

unashamed wedding obsession

10 Comments

• shelley
      Author
      December 2, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Ahh that’s crazy! I wouldn’t know where to start. I would be the exact same. Good luck!!

1. December 2, 2017 / 4:07 pm

I am single AF and always moan when my friends want to talk about weddings, not because I don’t care, but because it reminds me of how far away from anything like that I am. I know if I do find the one, and we do get engaged, it will be like unleashing years of pent up wedding obsession in one huge blast! Haha. Also Rock N Roll Bride always has ideas that I love and styles that I envy. Maybe one day.

• shelley
      Author
      December 2, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Ah I get that don’t worry that is super normal. I can only imagine all the wedding angst release! I love rock n roll bride such good ideas. I’m suer one day you’ll get to have your excited wedding talks.

2. December 2, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Oh my god I love this post. I love Rock N Roll Bride but have been way too ashamed to subscribe to it when I was single and even now when I’m in a relationship. I might do now though, especially as I want a really quirky wedding when I do get married so it can’t hurt to do some research now! Plus it’s great for all sorts of inspiration – even the colours used in the magazine or the themes of wedding can inspire blog posts, outfits and more.. x

• shelley
      Author
      January 1, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Omg girl you have to do it, just say its for the beaut photos! There’s so many good resources & ideas to keep in mind! x

3. December 4, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Rock and Roll bride is definitely the magazine I’d get when the time comes. I have thought about weddings and it’s something I know I’ll love planning x

• shelley
      Author
      December 4, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I honestly love it, the photography is so beautiful I couldn’t resist. As you can my collection is growing. I can imagine it’ll be fab to plan a wedding but also very stressful!!

4. December 23, 2017 / 4:36 pm

I’m the same haha! I’ve dreamed of a wedding/being married since the age of 14 and know exactly what I want lmao. Glad I’m not the only one! xx

• shelley
      Author
      December 26, 2017 / 1:15 pm

Ah it’s really crazy isn’t it!! trust me your not at all!!